The Diocese of Leicester has a block membership with ACAT which church and parish treasurers may find a very useful resource.
An Introduction to ACAT
ACAT is the charity for treasurers of all Christian churches. We aim to advance the Christian faith across all denominations by providing members with the most appropriate advice, training and information on accounting, financial, legal and other related issues. ACAT supports around 18,500 church treasurers across the UK - and this number is constantly growing.
ACAT works with denominations who wish to buy “block” – or bulk – membership for their treasurers. The Diocese of Leicester has a block membership agreement in place for all its churches with ACAT. To benefit from this fully, you are invited to log on to the new ACAT website and create your own Username and Password to access the Members’ Area. The website is accessible across all devices.
If you have not already registered, please follow these simple instructions:
- Log onto acat.uk.com and click the member 'log in' tab in the top right hand corner;
- Use your ‘block’ username: Leicester1, and password: Richard and press “Log in”
- Click the link labelled Click here to enter your account information at the bottom of the page
- On the Membership Checkout page, click on the HERE hyperlink in the Block Members paragraph
- You will subsequently be asked to use your 'block code' (Leicester1) again which will ensure that the fee to pay is £0.00
- Please create your own Username and Password before filling in your contact details and other requisite information.
This is a once-only procedure and your own login credentials will subsequently provide full access to ACAT’s website. Any queries, please get in touch with ACAT on 01246 767787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The many benefits of ACAT Membership:
- Website—Members have access to a password protected area of the ACAT website which contains an online edition of our Handbook, exclusive news stories and other essential information.
- Handbook —A comprehensive, up-to-date guide on all matters relating to church finance. Areas covered include: GDPR; Bookkeeping; Preparing the Annual Report; Gift Aid; Independent Examination; Registration as a Charity; Risk Management; Copyright, Licences and Fundraising; VAT; Property Development.
- Introductory Guide for New Church Treasurers—A booklet giving an overview of the new treasurer’s role.
- Members Advice Line—Help whenever it’s required via phone or email.
- E-Newsletters—Providing you with the latest information from ACAT, HMRC and the Charity Commission, among many more
- Training - ACAT runs a regular programme of training. Courses are delivered by experienced trainers or “partners” with strong backgrounds in church finance as well as experts in accountancy, tax and charity law. Topics covered include: strong backgrounds in church finance as well as experts in accountancy, tax and charity law. Topics covered include: Being a Treasurer—the Basics; Gift Aid & GASDS; Generating Income & Grant Applications; Independent Examination; Trustee Responsibilities; & Budgeting and Planning.
- Annual Conference - ACAT runs this larger event to address the most important issues in church finance. We invite keynote speakers who are experts in their fields and also a wide range of exhibitors from software providers, insurers, solicitors and energy suppliers.