Our church buildings have the potential to be a valuable asset. They serve as a place for worship, ministry and outreach in mission a witness to God’s presence and as a focal point for local communities. Sometimes they feel more like a burden that a blessing; when they need expensive repairs, or when the present arrangement hampers the use of the building.
The Building Development Enabler is available to assist parishes in developing the use of their church buildings.
The role includes the following areas:
- Initial thinking
- Providing ideas for adaptations to or additional uses for your church building
- Supporting parishes with their future plans and vision for their buildings
- Help and advice on developing a building project
- Advice on the process of selecting an architect
- Help with writing Statements of Need and Significance
- Help and advice on applying for a Faculty
- Assistance in seeking funding for capital projects
- Support for National Lottery Heritage Fund (HLHF) grant applications
- Opening your church to visitors and tourists
It is helpful if the Archdeacon is aware of the project before you approach the Building Development Enabler
Gill Elliott -Building Development Enabler - firstname.lastname@example.org / 0116 261 5353