Bishop Martyn has asked that each church and worshipping community to hold a prayerful Local Conversation at which you introduce Shaped By God Together to a wider group of people and explore the possible ministry models together, and to feed their reflections into the larger diocesan conversation and discernment process. Below are a range of resources for the conversations and feedback to take place.
If you have any questions about how to conduct your conversation, how to give feedback or about the Shaped By God Together process please email firstname.lastname@example.org who will direct your query to the relevant person.
- Download: invite for local conversations
This can be edited and sent out to your local church or fresh expression community. There are details of the pre-reading and 'ground rules' for local conversations
- Download: 'Ground Rules' for local conversations
- 'Why' video
- Download: Timeline graphic
- Download: explanation of timeline
- 'Timeline' video
- Read article on the big insights that came out of the story gathering process here
- Download: update from the Buildings Working Group
- Download: update from the Finance Working Group
Resources for Local Conversation
- Download: PowerPoint for local conversation
- Download: Leaders guide for local conversation
- Download: Facilitator preparation notes for the conversation
- Download: Worship slides (PDF version)
- Lord’s Prayer video on Vimeo
- Bishop Martyn's video on the three models
- Download: Diagrams of the models
- Download: 3 Ministry Models summary
We request all church and fresh expression communities submit feedback by 21 June 2021. To submit your form you will need to include your parish code. If you are responding as a fresh expression of Church please add the parish code for the parish you are associated with. If you are not associated with a parish please enter 0000. If you are an Area Dean holding a conversation for leaders in your deanery please enter 0001.
If possible please submit feedback by completing the form online here: https://tinyurl.com/kn86n4va
- Download: Vision – Values – Strategy – Priorities
- Download: Strategic PrWebinars Live QA Transcriptiorities summary
- Download: How does the Church’s ministry make a difference in Schools?
- Download: Diocese of Leicester Vocations Scheme
- Download: Everyday Calling Venn Diagram
- Download: Webinars Live Q&A Transcript
- Download: Webinar Full Q&A
Below are some resources that wider Chapters or Synods may find stimulate a conversation
- Interim ministry resource hub: https://www.interimministry.org.uk/
- Download: Liturgy excerpts – Baptism, Lay Ministry, Canons & Licensing, Ordinals
- Recommended Reading – On Priesthood by Stephen Cotterell. Please email email@example.com for a scanned copy of the first chapter 'Priests for a priestly people?'