last updated on: 12th Feb 2013
The Leicester Diocesan Board of Education is proud of its family of Church of England Schools - Primary, Secondary and all-age; Voluntary Aided, Voluntary Controlled and Academy; and seeks to support and serve headteachers, staff, governors, clergy and parishes for the benefit of all children, young people and families.
Use the links on the right or on the drop menus to find what you're looking for or use the comment box below to ask us a question.
The objective of the Leicester Diocesan Board of Education is to create and build successful working partnerships within the whole of the Church School family, including governors and clergy to secure the Christian dimension of education, whilst enabling schools to fulfil their statutory responsibilities.
Our aim is to ensure that within our schools:
- Christian values underpin the ethos of the whole establishment and the curriculum provision.
- Children enjoy a sense of community and concern for others and their local neighbourhood.
- The virtues of Christian Life are considered and that children develop understanding of other religions and ways life
- Children develop a spiritual dimension to their lives, in valuing awareness of awe and wonder and encouraging creativity in their response.
- Opportunities are provided for pupils and staff to experience time for pray and reflection and to experience a feeling of togetherness.
- Children are allowed to share interests and enthusiasm with members of the school community in praising God and asking for his help and guidance.
The Leicester Diocesan Board of Education is proud of its family of 98 schools. Within the county and city, we have a total 17,349 pupils! These belong to the following schools:
- 26 Church of England Aided Primary Schools
- 1 x Church of England Aided Secondary School
- 1 x Academy
- 68 x Church of England Controlled Primary Schools
- 2 x Church of England Controlled Secondary Schools