How to submit a Diomail entry.
Is your entry an event? If so, please submit it on the events form here
Enter a short but descriptive title. (Please avoid CAPS LOCK). Take a look at items already listed for inspiration.
In the Content section enter the full story you wish to add.
The Snippet section is perhaps the most important element. It is the summary that you see on the web page list and on Diomail. Put your key details in here so people can see at a glance what your item is about, so they can decide if they wish to read the full story. It doesn't matter if you repeat the content but keep the item to a few lines.
Once you submit the form it will not appear on the events list immediately but needs to be manaully approved before being added to the site (this prevents spam and inappropriate content appearing) so please be patient as it may be a few days before items go live.
- Christian Aid East Midlands Update - 28 July 2016 28th Jul 2016 - Speak Up Week of Action: 8-16 October 2016 Last summer, more than 10,000 people descended on London to demand ambitious climate action from their MP. This year, we’re asking you to do this again – not in Westminster but in your local area. From 8-16 October, we will be joining together to stand up for our sisters and brothers around the world affected by climate change. Visit our speak up website for everything you need for the Speak Up week of action. Harvest Appeal 2016 Your Harvest offering can make all the difference. Visit our website to get inspiring resources, including prayers, sermon notes and an all-age presentation, to help plan your Harvest offering service: http://www2.christianaid.org.uk/harvestappeal Change the Story Today, more than 65 million people are displaced globally. Forced from their homes by violence, fear or desperation, each is deserving of safety, freedom and hope. The stories we hear and the stories we tell are important. They help us shape our thoughts, form our opinions and set the agenda. So when refugees are portrayed negatively in the media, their inherent dignity is challenged. Join us in changing the story around refugees: write to your local newspaper and tell them that refugees deserve to be treated with dignity and compassion. Find out more in the campaigns section of this update or by visiting: http://www2.christianaid.org.uk/change-the-story Continue Reading
- Places of worship: security funding scheme 27th Jul 2016 - The Home Office has announced a new Places of worship: security funding scheme for the provision of protective security measures for places of worship in England and Wales. Continue Reading
- New Ride and Stride video released. 25th Jul 2016 - England's principal sponsored event for raising money for YOUR church and to provide grants for repairs to churches is again planned for the Saturday 10th September. Watch this new video about the event. Continue Reading
- Leicester’s Winter Night Shelter 25th Jul 2016 - Our aim is to inspire local churches and faith groups to care for rough sleepers by piloting a winter night shelter. Meeting to discuss the pilot on 31st August. Continue Reading
- Prayers from Partners in World Development - July 24 24th Jul 2016 - This Week: • Climate Developments • World Youth Day • In Brief: Conflicts and Peacemakers Continue Reading
- 50 Things to do in a Church 23rd Jul 2016 - Michael Palin’s ‘Thing’ is Peace and Quiet. ‘50 Things to do in a Church’ celebrates the many uses of church buildings. Continue Reading
- Events for Children in Cathedral over summer 22nd Jul 2016 - Including creature trails, colouring, crafts Continue Reading
- Interfaith Champions - Only One God? 21st Jul 2016 - The St Philip’s Centre resources a quarterly meeting of interfaith champions on behalf of the Diocese of Leicester. Our next meeting is on Tuesday 20th September, 12 noon to 2pm Continue Reading