last updated on: 23rd Nov 2010
World Mission Partners
Partnership for World Mission
We believe that we are all members of the Body of Christ, which is worldwide. This means that every church member in every parish should explore what it means for them to be a part of the mission of God around the world.
PWM can help with that process:
- through our friendships with the Diocese of Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, Africa,
- the ecumenical link with the Diocese of Trichy-Tanjore in India, and the Anglican Church in Japan
- through our relationships with the mission societies and other agencies
- by providing resources and training for individuals and groups
- by promoting people-to-people encounters with the World Church at all levels, spiritual, practical, evangelistic and educational.
PWM have their own website at http://www.pwm-web.org.uk/
"We are all partners with Christ"
Heb 3: 14
Every generation selects words and phrases to emphasise where its creative thinking lies. 'Partnership' is one that has influenced much of our current thinking, yet it is firmly based in the teaching of the New Testament, which tells us 'we are members one of another' and 'God's fellow workers'. Partnership for World Mission was established by the General Synod of the Church of England. It draws together the major agencies and links them with the Board of Mission. It is important that the whole Church, at every level, is drawn into partnership.
The agencies of the Board of Mission are - Church Mission Society (CMS), Church Army, Church's Ministry among the Jews (CMJ), CROSSLINKS, Intercontinental Church Society, Mission to Seafarers, Mothers' Union Overseas Committee, South American Mission Society (SAMS), Society for the Promotion of Christian Knowledge (SPCK) and the United Society for the Propagation of the Gospel (USPG).
There are specific pages for our Diocesan Links with Trichy-Tanjore Church of South India (CSI);
Diocese of Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania (DMK) and The Church in Japan, Nippon Sei Ko Kai (NSKK)