Diocesan Liturgical Committee
last updated on: 4th Feb 2013
The DLC exists to animate the diocese by enhancing its liturgy and worship at parish, deanery and diocesan levels.
Its aims are
1. To encourage greater skills and confidence among worship leaders, ordained and lay.
2. To offer guidance and support to facilitate the development of liturgy and music at parish level.
3. To be available to the Bishop to provide diocesan acts of worship.
4. To offer consultancy and practical support to individuals and groups in planning special or occasional acts of worship.
5 .To provide a link between the liturgical commission and the diocese.
6. To review new liturgical and worship material.
On these pages you will find resources and links to other liturgical sites.
For advice and liturgical enquiries please contact the Revd Richard Curtis, Chair of the DLC
For advice on licensing services, confirmations and other services to which the Bishop of Leicester attends please contact his Chaplain
Useful Liturgy Websites
There are many websites that have useful liturgical material.
Visual Liturgy Live is software that creates orders of service in Common Worship and the Prayer Book
RSCM provide support, advice and resources for those involved in Church music.
The Prayer Book Society exists to promote and celebrate the prayer book.
This section contains useful litugical resources produced within the Diocese of Leicester and from elsewhere, including samples services, confirmation notes, prayers, and guidance notes on services